Firefox 6 Released
The much anticipated Firefox 6 release is out. In keeping with its new Chrome-like strategy, Mozilla has done away with large, major releases and is instead releasing on a faster, more "agile" schedule, releases batches of features and improvements as they get fully baked.
So What's New?
- Mozilla claims that Firefox 6 is 20% than Firefox 5. This is a nice speed boost.
- Added support for EventSource (server-sent events). This API permits push notifications from the server in the form of DOM events.
- A touch event for touch-sensitive screens.
- Support for the latest draft of WebSockets.
- The result of a media query string can be evaluated programmatically using the window.matchMedia() method.
- Support for HMTL 5's
progresselement has been added.
- Support for HTML 5's
trackelement has been added.
- A host of
-moz-*CSS properties for styling progress bars, text decorations, and hyphens.
The release notes are here.